Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 10, 2013

Turkey Red Flour Levain Loaf

This has turned out to be one of the best tasting loaves that I've baked in a long time. The crust had the right amount of crunch to it, the crumb was moist and sweet, and the oven spring could have been even bigger with a little more proofing. I'm not complaining.

This loaf had a higher level of hydration than I've used in quite a while and I'm looking forward to trying that out with some stoneground whole wheat in the near future.

Starter
165 g at 88% hydration

Main Dough
267 g bread flour
133 g bolted Turkey Red flour
288 g water at 85F
10 g kosher salt
All of starter.

The garden is almost all in and doing well with 3.25" of rain that fallen over the past week. The soil is easier to work than I expected, probably due to the yearly additions of compost and organic matter added from the wheat straw that I use as mulch.


Pageviews from Guatemala, Hungary, and Trinidad and Tobago have joined my list over the past few days.


Comments, humor, and questions are welcome.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment