Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Comfortable Batch of Ingredients

 When I began to build my starter for this loaf, I decided to use a comfortable combination of ingredients that has worked before. A little bit of spelt, some white whole wheat, and a not too dangerous amount of water. I know I have to try something new before the end of the month but it wasn't going to be today's loaf....   

Starter

150g at 80% hydration

Main Dough

20g Spelt flour
90g white whole wheat
290g bread flour
280g water at 92F
10g kosher salt
All of starter

The days are getting noticeably shorter now and much cooler. We did have some days in the high 80s but with cool nights in the 60s, it wasn't worth using the air conditioner. Other than the cherry tomato plant, there'll be no more size worthy fruit set this year.
Friday means pizza night at Chez PG so I'm going out on a culinary limb and use some of my basil for a pesto to put on the pizza. Not much pesto is called for a 14" crust so the clean up will be worse than the work. I'm still working with the sponge crust formula so another veering off the path to pizza heaven isn't a big deal.
I may not get there, but the journey is fun.

Comments, humor, and questions are welcome.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment