Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 10, 2012

A TuTone Light Wheat

It's not that I've engaged in a sudden flurry of baking, I simply had trouble gaining the momentum for my previous post. And it's fortunate that I did start this loaf sooner than normal because despite my qualms about the last loaf's appearance, there was no problem with the eating qualities. So it's a good thing I have this loaf to exercise my writing habit today.

Today's presentation is another project in developing my use of molasses in bread. I will eventually get back to doing another Anadama loaf.

This loaf is something of a novelty loaf in that I used both hard red wheat flour and hard white wheat flour in the ingredients. I'd not seen that before in the all the formula and recipes  I've seen so why not?  My quantity measurements were well intended but casually executed so the hydration went a little bit higher than I planned. I'm confident that I wasn't the first raggedy home baker to do so and equally confident that I won't be the last. The proofing was done at room temperature for three hours with no refrigerator time at all. The good looking crumb is my reward for doing so. It has a pleasing flavor and a tender, moist crumb.


Starter
150 g at 80% hydration  

Main Dough
300 g bread flour
50 g hard red whole wheat flour
50 g hard white whole wheat flour
270 g water at 85F
10 g kosher salt
1 Tbs molasses
All of starter

Comments, humor, and question are welcome.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment